Tuesday, December 16, 2008

All my friends are nerds. And this is a good thing.

Here's some cool nerd gifts if you are actually buying holiday presents this year, (unlike myself, who is planning on evangelizing the out-ness of Christmas and holiday gifts. So last year. So last century. L-A-M-E.

Not to be a total scrooge. But yeah, gifting feels inherently passive aggressive to me--Even bordering on preachy, guilt-inducing and just overall a recipe for disaster, since you probably won't even like the gifts you do receive, and others will likewise be disappointed in what you give them.

At least that's what I'm telling my unemployed ass this year. But no, I'm not a hater.

Do yourself a favor and join me in my manta: Holiday gifting is so last year. Feels the opposite of modern, like buying unsustainable cheap furniture from Ikea or something. At the very least, you'll save some scratch this season.

Still, if you have HOT nerd friends that you can't resist giving gifts to, check out the link here and just give the gift to them on the 26th or something. Not a holiday gift then. Just a show of appreciation.


No comments: